All welcome and lots of exciting projects always on to get involved. You will always learn something new at the Reconciliation Manningham, with a rich and meaningful pre-contact history through to the triumph of the local Wurundjeri People maintaining their culture and despite great adversity over several hundred years.
Since the 1990′s we have been:
- Developing partnerships with the Wurundjeri Tribal Council, Aboriginal Elders, the Mullum Mullum Indigenous Gather Place, ANTaR, other reconciliation groups and the wider Aboriginal community
- Creating opportunities and platforms for Aboriginal people and Elders, artists and performers to share their culture and heritage
- Planning, participating in, presenting and supporting appropriate local festivals and events such as Reconciliation Week, Manningham Heritage Week, Healthy Lifestyle Week, Cultural Health Expo, Mia Mia Cultural Festival, the 1000 Warrior March, Manningham Citizenship ceremonies and more….
- Delivering Aboriginal history heritage and culture programs to local schools
- Mounting historical, educational displays in schools, shopping centres and at public events
- Conducting walks and information sessions on our local historical and heritage sites
- Holding film nights and discussions on pertinent Aboriginal issues with Aboriginal participants
- Advocating and liaising with Parks Victoria and Manningham Council to place cultural symbols and interpretive signs at heritage and other appropriate sites